Monday, August 10, 2020

Big Changes Start With Small Steps

 

I had a major win last night. I woke up hungry, which means I didnt eat enough during the day for the amount of energy that I expended. Usually when this happens I just get some veggies and water and go back to bed. But veggies are not a significant amount of calories to fuel and replenish my body. Honestly,  that is what I did at first last night. As I got back in bed I was so disappointed in myself. I knew I needed real food to refuel my body. So I did what my nutritionist has been trying to get me to do for years, I got a rice cake with some peanut butter.  It was about 100 calories. Now I know this might not seem like a lot but mentally going over my calories is hard for me.  My goal is to honor my hunger so I dont lose my period again. My body was telling me it needed energy so thats what I gave it. I was so proud of myself I wanted to wake my boyfriend up and celebrate but I didn't think he would be too happy about that. Instead I took a picture as evidence and wrote this post because I was so excited to capture and share this moment. Celebrate each step in the right direction to reinforce  healthy behaviors. I tell myself to take small steps each day and eventually I'll get there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Changes Start With Small Steps

  I had a major win last night. I woke up hungry, which means I didnt eat enough during the day for the amount of energy that I expended. Us...