The last few months have been challenging and eye opening for me. I have struggled with body image, disordered eating and anxiety for my entire adult life. For a long time I was embarrassed and ashamed to tell people that I am recovering from an eating disorder. I recently started therapy and learned that a big reason I developed the eating disorder was to cover my emotions of not feeling good enough. That is why I am starting a blog called You Are In Control. I am learning how to be more in control of my thoughts, feelings, and eating disorder behaviors. Through therapy I discovered that reading about other people's recovery helped me start to work through my own struggles. I finally felt like someone understood what I was going through and for the first time I didn’t feel so alone. By talking about my experiences, struggles, and what I have learned I hope to help you with your recovery and hopefully not feel so alone along your journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment